Saturday, June 6, 2015

New Beginings

Hi everyone,

We have officially started a new beginning. A new life. We moved to Lubbock Texas on June 5 for a new job, in a new town, where I don't know anyone. A complete fresh start. 

I found an apartment over the Internet. It has a lot of potential. Plenty of room for the two of us, and a back yard for Daisy to try to catch things. It is a few block from the office so I should be able to walk most days. However, my new company is putting us up in a hotel for a few days. OH MY GOODNESS. It is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in by myself. it has a full kitchen and living room, HUGE bathroom, and a super amazing king size bed. Tomorrow, after church, the plan is to organize a little bit and lay by the pool! Tonight's plan, is to take Daisy for a walk and be in bed around 8 and just watch movies. 

Speaking of church, I found the one I am going to go to. It is kind of far away but I am planning on being active in church here. I tried to find the temple, but I ended up at Walmart. I saw a spire and it looked like one that is on every LDS church so I assumed it was the Stake center that is next to the temple. No. It was a Church of Christ that is next to Walmart. Walmart was on my list so of course, I forgot the 2 items I went in for, but still walked out with 100 bucks worth of stuff. 

There is so much to learn and experience and to do. Poor Meghan, I texted her in the middle of the night having a panic attack because how excited I was that I can decorate completely differently than I have every decorated before. AND MY MOM CAN'T SAY NO!!!! Just waiting for a pay check. 

The trip over was fairly uneventful. Thank you to Ryan for recommending Coast to Coast. I didn't pick up the station until I was sitting at the light at Main Street in Roswell, but it got me through the REALLY hard spot to stay awake. Down side of leaving as late as I did, I still have not seen what the road between Alamogordo and Roswell looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment